Friday, March 28, 2008

Rule Breaking Galore

Hokay, so. Medeia/Plenty of Paper memed me. Hoorah!
Six Random Facts:
  1. The thing that has been said most to me by strangers is either "I love your hair!" or "What's that on your arm?".
  2. I got letters from a faerie when I was young(er).
  3. If I had been born a boy, my mother would have named me Nathan. Or perhaps Edgar Allen.
  4. In preschool, for Hallowe'en, I was Jeannie from the television show "I Dream of Jeannie".
  5. I adore cemeteries and swingsets.
  6. I was Mary, Queen of Scots in my former life. And whatever they may say about me, I didn't do it.
Everybody has been taken!!!! *Cries tears of despair* I suppose I'll tag B. as well. Just to pile on the pressure.

I have not been tagged for The Mutating Meme. But I'm going to pretend that I have, because I really want to answer the questions. I mean, because I'm just way too cool for rules. So there. Let's say that...Aislinn tagged me. Check out the original here. (You can find the rules there, too. This computer seems to be on something. It won't let me copy-paste into blogger.)

1. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Hildegarde. Or maybe Gertrudis. But then again, it might have to be Bob.
2. What is your least favourite food?
The flesh of animals.
3. Are there any songs that get stuck in your head really easily? How do you get them out?
Quite a few. Sometimes it's something really annoying, like Fergalicious. Other times it's a really great song, like Anna Begins, by the Counting Crows. The worst thing that happens is when I have multiple songs stuck in my head, all dueling each other for the position of "Most Prevalent". I am never able to get them out and end up half-singing, half-muttering them to myself all day. Or for a couple of days. Eventually, they get absorbed into my mental shelving units while I'm sleeping. Only to be replaced by another song.
4. If you could be (or are) a mythical creature, what would it be (or what are you)?
A faerie, o'course. That does not, however, mean that I'm a little, sparkle-sprinkling creature with butterfly wings. Jeez, people. "Faerie" is a very broad category.
5. What do colours taste like?
Honey and sunshine and freshly-cut-grass.
6. Name three (or more if you like) fawesome words.
Mellifluous, incandescent, enigma, irrevocable, serendipity, intoxicating, viola, inamorata, dust, quixotic (originally, I was going to not put this one in, because Aislinn already had. But I simply love it too much to leave it out), phantasmagorical....(I like words.)
7. Zombies or unicorns?

Unicorns. Fo shiz.
8. Ball gown?
Yes, please.

I tag The Incandescent Corner and B. and...er...uh...I don't know!!!! Sigh. Failure.

Rule-breakingly...

6 comments:

Heather said...

enigma is a very good word. and Anna Begins is a very good song.

Anonymous said...

dude, people tell me that all the time too. (i love your hair, that is).
that would definitly take the cake for random compliments from strangers and random other kids from school.
unless you count that one week i got new glasses and everyone was obsessed with them.

and dude, i get that mental medley thing too, all the time. i never have just one song in my head. and i never don't have a song in my head.
right now, it's a mish-mosh of about four different tracks off Consolers of the Lonely, which pwns.

Anonymous said...

People have lately asked me "What's on your hand?" and teachers ask "Can you wipe that off your hand". For the last two weeks or so I've had henna.

Anonymous said...

Me too! I did my own tattoo at a friend's party, and people were like "What that on your foot?"

la_comtess said...

i have a strawberry mark (birth mark) on my neck, in an ideal place for a hickey, and all the time i get asked "is that a hickey?!?"
how people manage to come up with the courage and rudeness required to do so is beyond me.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with butterfly wings? Personally, I always thought having sparkly, colorful wings would be cool...though I can understand the problem with being small. And dragonfly wings would be cooler anyways.