Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sharing the...er...Love!

Because all you need is love. Right? (In other words: Avery will list some of the the things she loves. [Partly to spite Aislinn. But mostly because she wants to. (Why am I talking about myself in the third person?)])

  1. Awesome teenagers. (NERDFIGHTERS FTW!)
  2. Well-written books. (Whether or not they have good covers/titles.[sheepish smile])
  3. Broccoli, Spinach, Tofu. (Not mushrooms, though.)
  4. Frozen Yoghurt
  5. Tapioca Milk Tea
  6. Kittens and puppies and baby unicorns! (Plus cats and dogs and grown-up unicorns...I love animals.)
  7. The cold and the shade and snow and rain. (I'm not particularly heat-resistant. At all. I get overheated very easily.)
  8. The sun. The moon. The stars. (Oh dear. Am I being sappy?)
  9. Eloquence
  10. Dancing in the rain.
  11. My cousins.
  12. Our readers.
  13. Those lovely days when crisp, brilliantly coloured leaves carpet the ground.
  14. Music. (A beautiful, wonderful, magical thing.)
  15. Words.
  16. Life.
  17. Magic (as in -al powers)
  18. Magic (as in The Gathering)
  19. Harold and Maude (One of the best films ever!)
  20. Beauty and the Beast
  21. Many, many other things.

I'm not trying to paint myself the optimist or anything. I mean, I hate a lot of things too. I could generate a things-I-hate list with greater ease than it took to make the things-I-love list. Which I guess is kind of the point. I don't want to be a hater-of-all-things. There are so many things out there to love. And to love something is a much pleasanter sensation than to hate* something.

'The-hills-are-alive-and-the-world-is-a-beautiful-place!'-ly
*Some say that hate is practically the same thing as love. They're both strong feelings that require a fair amount of focus. Hate isn't apathy. Just saying. Aislinn must have a complicated relationship with kittens.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, but hate is so much more fun.
oKAY.
the things i love....
(or at least am obsessed with)
---writing
---music
---lightning
---the rain
---summer vacation
---fandom
---books
---laptop
---hair dye
---freaky jewlery
---scaring people
---underground cities
---eclipses
---guy's hair styles
---silver
---black nail polish
---my skullcandy headphones
---the internet, and the cool people within
---drawing, pen and ink
---garlic

wow, there's actually a lot.

Anonymous said...

and that's only the things that sort of really exist.
*cough cough WEREWOLVES! cough cough*

Anonymous said...

srry to post a lot.
dude, Bright Eyes. Four Winds was a fexcellent song. fiddles be awesome.

Avery Trelaine said...

I concur. About Four Winds.
I adore Bright Eyes. And fiddles.

Avery Trelaine

Avery Trelaine said...

But wait...who says werewolves don't exist?

Avery Trelaine

Anonymous said...

fiddles are just so hardcore. especially if you're, like, the fiddle player for Yellowcard and no one ever hears you but you remain awesome.

of COURSE werewolves exist. several people i know are werewolves. i mean things that "really" existed, which is why i thought i put astreicks around really, but apparently i didn't, probably because i was distracted by the ex-military head of discipline coming up behind me to yell at kids for pushing rolling chairs.

also, i thought of more.
---hooded, zippered sweatshirts
---Converse, vans or cool patterened slipons
---skulls
---New York City.
---being really, truly and dedicatedly obnoxious to people who deserve it
---people who get my jokes
---making jokes no one gets
---laughing at things that make sense to only me
---baffling people
---obscurity
---guitars
---punkness
---sleep deprivation
---hot peppers
---PEPPER JELLY!
---Steampunk Day
---mocking the hilarious
---hilarity. irrational, sick, unhealthy hilarity.
---my mp3 player, all the music within, and the prettyful beat-up Converse-style case that holds it
---the word "doppleganger" (can't...do...umlats...)

wow. apparently i am nowhere near as negative a person as i thought i was. or *actually examines the things on the list of things i love* maybe i am.
i just love it that way.

Anonymous said...

My list!

1) Thinking.
2) Music (both listening & playing).
3) Good food/movies/books/art/the like.
4) Intelligent debate!
5) Sword fighting.
6) Intelligent people.
7) Drawing & writing (well).
8) Improving myself.
9) Helping/improving others.
10) Black.
11) Ninjas.
12) Computers (provided they're NOT running Windows).
13) Being good at stuff.

Anonymous said...

Love. Bleh, I say, but yet there is a list...

1) Laughing.
2) Playing games (sports, board, video, cards, imaginary, nonexistent...)
3) Swords, sai, arrows, throwing knives, daggers, spears, all other pointy objects (not to be used per say…).
4) All non-pointy weapons (staffs, tambos, bows, etc).
5) History and historical fiction.
6) Hand-to-hand fighting (but not hurting the other person).
7) Thunder, lightning.
8) Magic*.
9) Animals, especially seeing wild and rare ones.
10) Gloves and scarves (even if I don’t wear them).
11) Ancient gods and goddess (Yay, Artemis).
12) Windows (the see-through kind, not the computer)
13) Days/times when you can just lie with friends or alone and know you don’t have to get up.
14) Flowers. And trees (both those you can climb and the really large old ones).
15) The ocean.
16) And sometimes, certain ones, or in special cases, people.

*Does it matter whether or not you think it is real? No, it is just cool in the first place.

Avery Trelaine said...

Of course magic is real!
I can't believe I forgot to list it!
I must fix that.
M, you have a wonderful list.
I agree with the whole thing.
Artemis FTW!

Avery Trelaine

PS Welcome to comment-dom!

Anonymous said...

Ah, but I forgot
17)Night
18)Pictures (not to be confused with paintings, though they are nice as well).

Why thank you for the welcome. I welcome you to the world of comment-dom with me.

Yours Truly said...

There are too many things that I love...I just went back and added things...only to think of more once I was finished. Roar.

Avery Trelaine

Anonymous said...

Life, etc.

I'm sure I could spend weeks writing out a long, long list -- and still leave out many things I love. Of course, there are many things I love more than I love other things -- this blog (inter alia) comes to mind -- but I think the most succinct way of listing the things I love is simply to say life itself, and all the wonderfulness contained therein.

quarantinedfire said...

HOO-HAH, NERDFIGHTERS! And yay TOFU POWER!!! Are you a vegan, or just vegetarian? And I absolutely despise reading books that are smelly or have yucky covers. But I'm a bit upset at the rain, as it has soaked my shoes and I have no other pairs to wear, which does pose a problem for leaving thehouse and avoiding the contraction of ringworms.

Avery Trelaine said...

Just Vegetarian.

AT