Sunday, January 27, 2008

Jazz Hands and Chair-Sharing -- Or -- A Lovely Night

So, the other night, I and my cousins met the fantastically frickin' fabulous Libba Bray and Shannon Hale.

I know, right?

It was awesome. They were awesome. Shannon Hale likened me to a character in a book she's working on. Which was very exciting. I shared a chair with Libba Bray. Again, very exciting. We cousins got to actually give Libba Bray the cookies we'd promised her in exchange for the interview! Homemade, of course.

Books were signed. Pictures were taken. Conversations were had (I played it cool despite the fact that my brain was going Ssssssssqueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!). Jazz hands were...er...jazz-handed(?).

All in all, 'twas a lovely night.

And now for the photographic evidence:

Self explanatory, I should think.


With Shannon Hale. See? Jazz hands!


With the very foxy Libba Bray. (Hurray!!!)

Happily and happily and happily...


PS Check out this blog: The Incandescent Corner. We met some really awesome people, the blogstress of the above link included.

7 comments:

Aislinn Ai said...

Hmm. I look VERY atractive in that last picture there.
Also, you stole my telling-people-about-the-incandescent-corner!* Theif! THEIF!!

*From my BRAAAIIN, you stole it from my BRAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNN!!!

- Aislinn

Anonymous said...

Luckyyyy.

They're tour didn't come near me. D: The closest event was about 9 hours away by car, and 1.5 hours by plane. Which is too far for me.

Anonymous said...

brain theives are the worst.
though i pity all who try to steal from my mind as of now, as it is full of pounding pain and suffering.
PLEASE BRAIN THIEVES, COME STEAL IT!
sickness is no fun.
sensitivity to light does not make the internet less...bright.

Reese said...

I JUST SAW THEM TOO! I ARM WRESTLED SHANNON HALE! AND WON!

Anonymous said...

You've been Memed! Follow the link, copy and paste the questions, insert your own answers, and post it on your blog... It's quite fun

http://maelstrommedeia.blogspot.com/

Nice pictures by the way...

~Medeia Senka~

Fibo said...

NICE Blog :)

Anonymous said...

wow. late comment but my computer has been mean to me for a very long time. lucky lucky you. no author's ever come to NC. very unfortunate. probably authors effect my want to move to NY.